As a BubbleGoods Maker, correctly formatting and adding UPC or GTIN codes for your products greatly optimizes their visibility and performance in the marketplace. This article covers what these product identifiers are and why they matter.
What is a UPC vs. GTIN Code?
- UPC (Universal Product Code) and GTIN (Global Trade Item Number) codes are unique 12-digit barcodes assigned to consumer products that track inventory across retail systems.
- They allow your items to be identified universally during the order process and shipment.
- UPCs are mainly used in the United States and Canada, while GTIN codes are the global standard.
Why UPC/GTIN Codes Matter:
Having a UPC or GTIN code for your products enables:
- Accurate product identification when customers purchase your items
- Seamless order processing and fulfillment
- Improved inventory management across channels
- Greater visibility in marketing and merchandising campaigns
- Expanded distribution opportunities with retailers
Adding UPC/GTIN Codes on Bubble Goods:
To optimize your product experience, add properly formatted UPC or GTIN codes for any product while editing or adding, in the details tab, as shown below.
Add properly formatted UPC or GTIN codes on the bottom of the tab where pack size and weight are
This field is separate from the SKU field. The code is typically the 12-digit number string found below the barcode on your product packaging.
Proper identification ensures your products' discoverability, sales, and distribution on BubbleGoods and beyond. Please contact our support team if you have questions about adding UPC/GTIN codes.