Our motto here at Bubble Goods is "We look at the labels so you don't have to!"
Bubble Goods is known to uphold the strictest ingredient standards in the industry. Yes-- stricter than Whole Foods, Thrive Market, and Erewhon. Some call us food snobs. And, we take that a huge compliment ;)
- Bubble Goods Approved; products composed of whole fruits, grains, vegetables, and may contain some sweeteners such as whole fruit juices, honey, maple or coconut sugar.
- NOT Bubble Goods Approved; products that contain refined or artificial sweeteners, preservatives, fillers, gums, artificial dyes, trans fats, growth hormones, stabilizers, artificial fungicides or hydrogenated oils.
- Cane sugar is NOT Bubble Goods Approved, even if it is certified organic
The mass food supply in America is loaded with unnecessary additives like artificial stabilizers, stratospheric levels of sodium, synthetic and refined sweeteners. All this done to cheapen foods so that they meet corporate profit margins, extend shelf life for mass distribution, and make products addictive to consumers.
At Bubble Goods, we're taking food back to where it all started, in local markets, where you knew who grew your vegetables and crafted that beautiful loaf of sourdough. Bubble Goods believes in a world where food is based on quality and transparency-- of both ingredients and origins. In the world of Bubble Goods, there is no need for shelf stabilizers or cheap sugars because the products we get behind are rooted in quality, and ship directly from the source.
What does it mean when a product is Bubble Goods Approved?
Each and every product listed to sell on Bubble Goods has gone through a vetting process to ensure quality. The steps for a product to be Bubble Goods Approved include:
- INGREDIENTS in products composed of whole fruits, grains, vegetables, and may contain some sweeteners such as whole fruit juices, honey, maple or coconut sugar. No junk allowed into our Bubble Goods.
- SOURCED AND PRODUCED RESPONSIBLY Food safety certifications, and ethical sourcing verification is verified through thorough background checks for products to sell on Bubble Goods.
- TASTE TESTED the best part of our job? YES! Our team taste tests samples that are sent in during the approval process every week as part of the level of curation we offer customers.
What is the deal with Bubble Goods and sugar?
When you take a peek at a nutrition label, you will see a line item for "Sugars."
The total sugars on a nutrition label is informing of the total amount of sugar in a food or drink product. This includes sugars that are naturally present in foods, as well as sugar added during processing. Natural sugars are found in carbohydrates, which are higher in fruit rich foods for example.
The stuff we have an issue with here at Bubble Goods is refined and artificial sweeteners, most commonly cane sugar. Probably the biggest line in the sand we have drawn, we feel that foods are just fine without being loaded up with these additional, high-glycemic (blood sugar spiking) sugars.
Sweeteners such as whole fruit purees, honey, maple or coconut sugar are welcomed into Bubble Goods :)