How to Edit Your Photos in Adobe Photoshop:
If you have Adobe Photoshop, here is a short tutorial on how to remove the background of your image to be stark white for your product’s ‘product hero image’ for your BUBBLE product listing.
Tips + Tricks
- We recommend Adobe Photoshop for photo editing
- Make sure you are shooting in a well-lit area (natural light by a window is always best or studio lights)
- We recommend shooting with a tripod (this will help your photos be sharp and focused)
Step #01: Open photo in Adobe Photoshop
Step #02: Make sure your canvas board (Image -> Canvas size) is 1024px x 1024px and with a white background
Step #03: Isolate your product from background (you can use various tools to achieve this; Marquee Tool, Magic Tool, Lasso Tool, Eraser Tool . . .etc) and edit to your liking (brightness, saturation . . . ) Once done, place Product Image 0.35 inches from the bottom of the canvas
Step #04: [Making the shadow] Make a duplicate layer of your isolated product (Right-click your product layer -> Select Duplicate Layer)
Step #05: [Making the shadow] Turn the duplicate layer into a solid black color (Image -> Adjustments -> Hue/Saturation)
Step #06: [Making the shadow] This black layer will become the shadow. Turn this layer’s Opacity to 20% and Blur it out by 6 Pixels (Filter -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur)
Step #07: Take the shadow layer and move it behind your main Product layer
Step #08: Take your shadow layer and angle it around 45 degree angle (Command + T + Drag Top-Center Anchor Points)
Step #09: Move the shadow to meet with the Bottom-right edge of your product and use the Eraser Tool to clean up any unwanted marks
Step #10: Export your photo by saving it as a PNG or JPG, high resolution.
We understand that everyone does not have an in-house Creative Team. Don’t worry, here are some of our favorite studios and apps to get quick creatives done by someone or by yourself!
Pixelcut: A photo app that helps make your photos look professional. (Available: Here)
- Photoroom: Remove background automatically and create professional images. (Available: Here)
- Garnish Studios: Photo studio that can shoot product and lifestyle images as well as video content. (Available: Here)
- Soona: Great photo studio that can shoot e-commerce product photography and lifestyle images. (Available: Here)
- Products on White Background: Studio that shoots e-commerce images that are on white background (great for high volume!) (Available: Here)
Need More Resources + Help?
Need more help than creative to help launch and grow your brand? We got you! Every year, BUBBLE publishes a yearly Resource Guide. Here is our 2022 BUBBLE Resource Guide, be on the lookout for our 2023 Resource Guide.
Please sign in to leave a comment.